Need advice and assistance after returning to Afghanistan?
The Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is central contact point for those returning from abroad. Support with social and professional reintegration is intended to help you make a fresh start in Afghanistan. So we work closely with our Afghan partners in the areas of employment, training and career opportunities. As a returnee you will receive advice, information and guidance. We can refer you to suitable cooperation partners if you need psychosocial support.
We advise you on your individual possibilities. We offer information and help in the following areas:
• Professional qualifications in various fields (e.g. IT, mobile phone repairs and cosmetics)
• Placement for internships and other work activities
• Start-up training in which concrete business ideas can be developed
• Financial assistance with education and accommodation
• Referral to psychosocial support measures (e.g. for sleep problems or anxieties).
This advice is free and confidential. It is available to both men and women.
You can contact our advisors by Skype, phone or e-mail.
An interview with one of our employees on how we work, can be found here.