Skip to main content

Financial help to return home

Would you like to return to your home country but have no money for the ticket? The International Organization for Migration (IOM) may be able to help.

You might also be able to get some cash for your journey and to help you when you first arrive home.

You may be able to apply for additional financial support. This depends on your residence status.

You can apply for help at a counselling centre. There you will also get personal advice.

Ask about the REAG/GARP and StarthilfePlus programmes at the counselling centre.

The information shown varies from country to country.

If you are returning to your home country, you will need two documents:

  • In order to leave Germany, you need certification that you are crossing the German border. This document is called a border crossing card. You can get this document from the foreigners’ registration office in Germany.
  • To enter your home countra, you need a valid passport or a passport replacement document.