The Rückkehr in Würde ('Return in Dignity') project offers introductory courses in metal construction. Training is practice-based. The course content is as follows:
- Occupational safety
- Tool design and understanding materials
- Reading and understanding technical drawings
- Producing workpieces: marking, filing, sawing, drilling, chiselling and thread cutting
- Correct use of simple machines
- Cutting simple curves
The project also offers courses in:
- Electrical engineering
- Painting and varnishing
- Plumbing, heating and air conditioning
Other subjects may also be available. Please feel free to enquire.
Please talk to the relevant immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) if you wish to attend the course. This is particularly important if you do not live near Duisburg.