Plumbing, heating and air conditioning
The Rückkehr in Würde ('Return in Dignity') project offers introductory courses in plumbing, heating and air conditioning. Training is practice-based. The course content is as follows:
- Occupational safety
- Using tools to make components by hand
- Using machines to make components
- Making and installing modules
- Maintaining technical systems
- Installing drinking water systems
- Installing drainage systems
- Installing systems to distribute heat efficiently
- Installing bathroom equipment
- Installing hot water systems
- Adjusting and optimising the energy used by technical building services
The project also offers courses in:
- Electrical engineering
- Metal construction
- Painting and varnishing
Other subjects may also be available. Please feel free to enquire.
Please talk to the relevant immigration office (Ausländerbehörde) if you wish to attend the course. This is particularly important if you do not live near Duisburg.
Duration: 4 months.
Place: Duisburg. Travel expenses can be paid.
Language: German. Please inform us when registering if you do not understand German. The training centre can then provide an interpreter.
Target group: Migrants considering returning to their country of origin.
Attendance on the course will not affect your residence status.