Basics for hotel, gastronomy and tourism
Gastronomisches Bildungszentrum e.V. offers courses in hospitality. You can take part without any formal training. The goal is to:
• Work in hospitality
You learn the typical processes in a kitchen or providing service.
You experience what is involved in housekeeping and the usual good manners.
The course also has the following topics:
• Gain entrepreneurial and commercial skills
• Presenting food
• Preparing small meals
• Faultless preparation
• Noting customer requirements
• Maintaining the dining area
• Knowing and ensuring hotel hygiene standards
• Organising events
• Creating offers for specific target groups
• Learning and implementing advertising strategies
Attendance will not affect your residence status.
You can take a test at the end of the course. If you pass you will be awarded an IHK certificate.