Basics for hotel, gastronomy and tourism
Gastronomisches Bildungszentrum e.V. offers courses in hospitality.
You can take part without any formal training.
The goal is to:
You learn the typical processes in a kitchen or providing service.
You experience what is involved in housekeeping and the usual good manners.
The course also has the following topics:
- Gain entrepreneurial and commercial skills
- Presenting food
- Preparing small meals
- Faultless preparation
- Noting customer requirements
- Maintaining the dining area
- Knowing and ensuring hotel hygiene standards
- Organising events
- Creating offers for specific target groups
- Learning and implementing advertising strategies
Attendance will not affect your residence status.
You can take a test at the end of the course. If you pass you will be awarded an IHK certificate.
The GBZ also offers this training course as an online version.