Preparation for working life
Are you wondering what life will be like for you after school, for example in vocational training or self-employment? Would you like information to help you prepare?
The APTE-Senegal project (Amélioration des Performances de Travail et d’Entreprenariat) supports you with the transition between school and working life:
- You can take part in training that is designed to help you meet employers' expectations.
- You can learn technical and practical skills for working life (through work placements, courses, open days, and more). In some regions, the focus is on agriculture, while in others, it’s on mining and industry.
- You can exchange ideas with representatives from the private sector.
- You’ll learn more about the demands of working life.
- You can join entrepreneurship clubs that enhance your career.
This project is being run at 50 technical and vocational colleges and at 200 middle schools in the following six regions: Diourbel, Kédougou, Kolda, Sédhiou, Thiès and Ziguinchor.
The project is implemented in cooperation with partners such as the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and local partners (Caritas Kolda, Caritas Ziguinchor, Jeunesse et Développement and YMCA).